NOTE: Products purchased via a bookstore or other authorized distributors are subject to the return policies where purchased.
CLICK HERE for a printable version of our Return & Refund Policy.
General Warranty Policy
Products purchased from Hands-On Labs are warranted only against defective materials and missing items provided notice is given to HOL within 30 days of product delivery. No other warranties apply.
General Return Policy
Products may be returned to Hands-On Labs for refund only under the terms and conditions contained in this policy.
- Unopened products for which a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) has been properly obtained will be refunded per the process described below, less a 5% restocking fee. Only if they are returned within 30 days of delivery, and in their original, undamaged packaging.
- Products returned in damaged packaging will be treated as opened. Packages where the security strapping tape applied in our shipping facility has been removed are considered opened.
- Unopened products returned where the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) was not obtained will not be eligible to a refund.
Opened Unused Products
The price of opened but unused and fully intact products in original condition for which RMA numbers have been properly obtained, and which are returned within 30 days of delivery, will be refunded, less a 15% handling, inspection, and restocking fee.
No refunds will be issued for any purchased product if:
- Kits that have been opened and used
- Returned 30 days or more beyond the product delivery date
- Returned without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number
- Returned without its original packaging and the original packaging of all contents
- Returned with any item missing or not in its original condition
- Individual product purchase of $55 or less
- Purchased from an unauthorized distributor/source
Shipping fees are not refundable and return shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser. No COD returns will be accepted. Return shipping fees must be prepaid through UPS, FedEx or DHL for tracking purposes.
Return and Refund Request Procedures
Assuming all conditions reflected above will be met, the purchaser must contact Hands-On Labs at 866-206-0773 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The product must be returned in its original packaging and shipped securely inside a protective box, wrapping, or container that prevents damage to the product’s contents and external packaging. No marks or labels should be applied to the product’s original packaging which is an integral part of the product.
The purchaser’s full name and address must be clearly visible on the box. Shipping label must be addressed to HOL exactly as follows. Note that the RMA number must be included in the address:
Hands-On Labs, Inc.
Attn: Returns – RMA#_______________
86475 Gene Lasserre Blvd
Yulee, FL 32097
>>> IMPORTANT: All lab kits returned to the Colorado location will NOT be credited. <<<
Assuming all conditions have been fully met, a refund for the product price, less restocking fees if applicable, will be credited to the original form of payment. Please allow 7-14 business days after a return’s receipt for inspection, return approval, and refund credit processing by Hands-On Labs. Additional time may be required by your bank or credit card company to process a refund credit.
Changes to the HOL Kit return policy effective 12/1/18
RMA unopened is a 15% restock fee, no refund on shipping, student pays return shipping
RMA opened is a 25% restock fee, no refund on shipping, student pays return shipping
Book Store orders:
Hands-On Labs (HOL) will accept returns from bookstores within 45 days of shipment under the following terms:
- All returns must include a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. The request for an RMA number must be made within 45 days of when the kit was shipped from the HOL warehouse.
- Bookstores may return 10% of the original invoice quantity on a purchase order without a restocking fee. Quantities exceeding 10% will be charged a $35 restocking fee per kit.
- The warranty seal (strapping) must be intact when received by HOL for credit to be processed. Kits with broken or tampered seals will not be processed by HOL. Charges may be incurred for damaged items on returned product unless the damage occurs during transit.
- Returns received without RMA numbers will not be processed. Once an RMA number has been issued, an email will be sent with complete instructions on how to label boxes, etc.
• Shipping costs are the sole responsibility of the bookstore, and all returns must be shipped via UPS.
• Only credit memos will be issued for returned product. Ensure that credit has been applied to your account before using credit for future orders.This policy applies to all divisions and products of HOL.